A lot of students on our Website start out with hesitation to shoot. We teach them take advantage of every opportunity. If you never shoot, you’ll never score.
Here are a few tips to help you make every shot count:
Soccer shooting tips:
- Observe the goalkeeper’s position. Have they left a gap that you can exploit?
- Select the best technique for your shot. A sidefoot shot will have greater accuracy, but an instep (laces) with good follow-through will have
- greater power.
- Put your non-kicking foot alongside the ball.
- Keep your head down and your eyes on the ball when striking.
- Keep your body over the ball.
- Make contact with the middle to top half of the ball.
- Maintain your composure.
Ever wondered if there’s actually a “sweet spot” in a soccer goal? A place where you could kick the ball and it would go in almost every time?
Well, there may not be a definitive “sweet spot,” but a recent study did take a look at where scored goals most often went into the net. Here are the results:
- Top Left
- Top Center
- Top Right